This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
5. Owning a home with a real, actual guest room, and having guests!
6. Seeing my church grow and prosper - not in money, but in people who are involved, committed, and willing to give and receive love
7. Having someone not related to me comment on my blog :-D
8. Finishing my PhD in psychology and becoming a professor
9. Owning a convertible (or at least leasing one for a year or so!)
10. Living in a truly country house, with a farm, with alpacas and other livestock
11. Having a really beautiful, big home to invite friends and family over frequently
12. Seeing my friends succeed in their endeavors
13. Watching my students grow and become successful adults
14. Hearing "I love you grandmama" for the first time
15. Meeting Jesus face to face
Wow. I'm sorta cheezy, huh? I don't care! I get the most joy in my life from seeing other people get wonderful things. If I had some small thing to do with their success, I am even happier. If I won, I would likely give away the vacation and stuff, but I would keep the camera! I would really like to have a nice camera to take photos with.
I think Bucket Lists can get pretty silly. Some things are wonderful to dream about but not really too practical. I'd rather have a list of things I'd like to do that will really enrich my life, and if others' lives are enriched in the process, that's even better. There's no end to the blessing you receive when you give blessings to everyone you meet!